Monday, January 10, 2011

Blogging slump...Family slump

I have had such a hard time getting myself going since my 3 month bout with morning sickness. After the Christmas season, I have found that my previous disciplines, motivation, and family peace have been turned upside down. It's amazing what a few months can do. I am fully aware that my standing with God never changes no matter how undisciplined I or my family get, but allowing laziness, disobedience and chaos reign does not serve to bring peace or joy into a home. So... I am on a mission. I am going to go on a quest to get things back in order and learn all I can possibly can about wisdom in this season. I am going to research scripture, read books, articles and blogs and put them into practice until my family is back in order.
The very first thing I did was to pray and ask for God's grace. The next thing was to enlist the help of my husband. I normally try to give my husband the highlights of our days- good events rather than the negative. I try to keep my frustrations with school and kids between the Lord and myself, and only going to my husband for help when a child is out of my control. At times this is okay... I don't want to constantly be complaining and telling my husband how terrible the kids are- that doesn't serve to give him a great feeling about coming home; but I have seen that not discussing some of the major issues has made that matter worse in their hearts. So...now he is aware.
The biggest blessing of the day has already occurred- my husband overheard a response one of my children had this morning, and he promptly decided to take one of his days off and stay at home to help me homeschooling! What a relief that was to me, not to mention to m kids! They had the joy of having Dad expertly show them a science experiment as well as teach them a few things Mom had not been able to get to.
I would like to post as I go along... and I hope by the end there will be amazing fruit to show for the many prayers and studying I intend to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment