Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A plan of action

On the girltalk blog, the women have encouraged other women to join either their FAM (Fast a Meal) or their Five am club (Getting up early for prayer). I cannot fast a meal because I am pregnant, but I can fast some sleep and that is what I have begun to do as one of the first steps in my plan of action to bring peace back into my home. As I have been studying and seeking God for His grace and help, I was encouraged by these two scriptures:
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Gal 6:9.
Being a mother is a high calling. It is not only a task to bring up children...in my case, educated and disciplined children, but more importantly than that daunting task, is to raise children who love their Savior. It is easy to give into discouragement and failure, but I can have peace as I remind myself of what scripture says and patiently teach my children scripture in the midst of a chaotic season.

Which brings me to my next verse
" The wicked flee though no one pursues,but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Prov 28:1.
 Why this verse? You might ask. Have you ever been tempted, like I have, to bury your head in your arms in the midst of two children fighting, or a child arguing with you, or the constant tattling, and just go to a happy place? I cannot tell you how often I have felt like just walking away and ignoring it all for my sanity. Why is this wrong? Because I am avoiding the real problem. I can be as bold as a lion and get in there and point my children to the cross- which is not easy and always requires LOTS of time and patience, or I can flee like the wicked would.

So, I will call our for grace and face the day with peace knowing God has His grace awaiting me in this exhausting task. Seeking the Lord first and foremost in the day is my first plan of action becasue peace begins with me. I hope you might be encouraged my this as well. Tomorrow I have my second plan of action to share.









No comments:

Post a Comment