Thursday, January 13, 2011

Plan of action Part 2


Yesterday marked my determined effort to bring order back into the home. I spent some time (not very much time, as you can see by the pictures) writing out some charts. (If I have some time, I will make them pretty- but when your desperate, torn, wrinkled paper and a pen work just as great!) The first two are things that must get done before leaving their room in the morning. No clothes, no clean room, no food.

I also have distributed all of the major housework (with crossed fingers and a prayer- too advantageous of me? We will see.) The first chart is all of the things that they have to mentally check out before leaving the room- or things they have to do before bed at night- I have one or two last things to add to that one... no leaving my room and no talking...*sigh*

 This next chart was extremely helpful as well.  I had strayed from writing out their daily school "to-do's", but that has not been well- especially for my middle one- who conveniently forgets what I tell her to do. So I slapped those subjects on the dry-erase board yesterday- and she loved it! I would have thought she would be discouraged to see all she had to do... but no! She loved marking out each item completed one by one- and with a giggle and a grin.
 Did it work? See for yourself... If I could have taken a hundred pictures- I would have- with a singing heart! They all did (even the heaviest chores) it with such eagerness and joy. What a turnaround!

I was reminded of this verse, " Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice."
I Chron 16:10 
The Lord is interested in the smallest events of our lives and he desires to intervene if we call out to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment