Monday, January 24, 2011

Plan of action Part 3

The price of ministry... long bleeps in things like blogging :). Last week was a pause in life as our church hosted its annual Missions Conference... and then the predicted sickness we all had from a lack of sleep. *sigh*

Now, we are back in the saddle. The next, but not final plan of action I have in dealing with my children's disobedience is for me to re-read my parenting books. I am a firm believer that not all parenting books are created equal- its good to read books, but a total waste if the books are not cross- centered and biblically sound. So, I have been very particular over my parenting book selections. Here are a few of my favorites ( I am on the lookout for others that are of the same quality, but these have enough good "meat" to provide that not very many more books are needed.).


1. The Duties of Parents by R.C. Sproul ( You can read it online Here.)

2. Don't Make me Count to Three! by Ginger Plowman

3. Wise Words for Mom's by Ginger Plowman

4. Shepherding a child's Heart by Tedd Tripp


On my list of books that are on the same caliber and will be read in the very near future are

1. Age of Opportunity by Paul David Tripp


2.The Shaping of a Christian Family by Elizabeth Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment