Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Bucket List 2012


I found this idea on pinterest and thought it brilliant. Obviously summer can be a challenge. This is actually my first summer in five years where I find myself in the dilemma most moms face every year- what to do with my kids?!!
I'm usually up to my eyeballs planning and putting on our annual church VBS this time of year- with the help of my children. This year, I've got help; that's a huge burden taken off my shoulders, but now I realize that the business of planning a VBS was actually a good thing in keeping our summer filled up.

So, enter the bucket list. It's essentially just a bucket filled with strips of paper written with a fun to-do.

During the day, when the kids need something to do, Ive prepared a list of ideas anywhere from snacks to crafts. I bought what I needed ahead of time so that we would have everything on hand when needed.

So, without further ado...
2012 Thevaos Summer Bucket List:

make a volcano
With sidewalk chalk, draw a map of the neighborhood on the driveway
Have a pick nick
Make Cloud Dough
Have a Water gun fight
Make a Science Experiment
Make Ice Sculptures
Freeze things in water and dig them out
Have a glow in the dark night
Make silouete Pictures
Have a Balloon straw race
Make Bubble paintings
Make an obstacle course
Build towers with marshmallows and toothpicks
Have a paper boat race
Have a water balloon fight
Make Slime
Make pinwheels
Make bubbles and giant wands
make notes with invisible ink
Have a water balloon pinata challenge
Make "i Wish" art
Make paper mache stuff
make sidewalk paint and "go to town'
floating eggsperiment
Put on a play
Have dinner in the dark
Go swimming!!!
Play hide and seek
Skate
Make bird houses
Play in the sprinklers

Food related:
Make ice cream in a bag
Make sugar cookies
Make homemade snow cones
Make fruit Popsicles
Muddy buddies
Freeze bananas and chocolate
Make homemade taffy
Make cupcakes
Make a smoothie
Make homemade gelato

No comments:

Post a Comment