Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Project Summer Fun!

I knew if I did not plan well, we could just end up hating each other this summer.
I thought things through and decided what I did and did not want for us this Summer.

I did not want:
1.couch potatoes for kids
2. neither did I want lazy kids,
3. video -zoned -out kids,
4.arguing kids or
5.Whiny kids.

What I did want:
1. Happy kids
2. Productive kids- either crafting, playing, working, etc.
3. Reading - lots of it!
4. I don't mind an hour or 2 of TV
5. I don't mind a half hour- one hour of video games
6. Would love to see my kids serve others, but with a baby and only one car in the family, I would have to limit serving opportunities to things here at home.
7. Playing together or with friends
8. Last but not least- a happy Mommy. Let's face it, entertaining kids all day is exhausting! I need down time as well as a sense that I am a mommy not a maid, ping pong ball or referee.


I started out first by planning the week.

Monday: Friend day . In June, a group of us Moms organized Camp Friends in order to get the kids together with summer camp fun.
Tuesday: game night - pick 2 activities out of our Summer Bucket List ( I'll post our list tomorrow).
Wed: library day. 2 items from Summer bucket list, church at night
Thursday: Water Fun! Either swimming or outdoor water game. " Story night" Mom and Dad take turns sharing a story from their life.
Friday: Random

Its been 2 weeks, so far so good!

Pictures and posts of some fun kid friendly ideas to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment